Read below for Candy Cane dates, Viva Navidad full video, Thanksgiving Treats, Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink, MouseWait Thanksgiving Party this Tuesday, and more!
Don’t miss our Thanksgiving Party Tuesday Nov 26 starting at 8pm. You can attend from anywhere in the world via the Lounge, meet up at La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney, or at a satellite meet up location! Our Sticker Event will be at 9pm as usual. We’re trying to provide a live feed from multiple locations as well! We’ll crown our Thanksgiving Window Decorating Contest winner at the party. Don’t miss out.
Help me welcome La Brea Bakery to our family: La Brea is the Official Restaurant of MouseWait! This will be our meet up hub every Tuesday night for Sticker Nights, and it will be the site of our 5th Reunion next May!
Get your official MouseWait Limited Edition Portable Charger by Juno Labs! This charger feels great in your hand, charges two phones simultaneously, and will charge your phone approximately 2.5 times with one charge! Don’t go to Disneyland without it!
The MouseWait 7 Web Version of the Lounge is here. We’ve redesigned it from the ground up allowing you to see more content at one time, larger detail page images, and easy navigation.
Congrats to our new TRIVILATOR Disneyland Champion MeridaFan!
If you haven’t joined the virtual Pin and Sticker Craze, head to the MW Store in the Lounge to see how it works and recharge your Credits!
Fun Wheel Challenge World of Color Game
Kurt Russell and Blair Underwood announced as narrators for the Candlelight Processional
Halloween Time Video tour from the MouseWait LoungeCast Team (MUST SEE!)
Full list of Halloween Treats at Disneyland
Check out the pictures from Long Lost Friends week!
Keep up with real-time news and updates from the Disneyland Resort on our new MagicFeed page.
This newsletter reaches over 60,000 MouseWaiters and is brought to you by the generous people over at the Hojo Anaheim. Book your next trip at the Hojo and mention MouseWait for a discount!
Get 100 Credits for staying at the Hojo Anaheim – more info here!
MouseWait 7.0.1 for iOS is LIVE in the App Store with significant improvements to MagicSearch, the Lounge, and more! Please remember to update your rating for the free and Platinum versions to keep the updates coming!
MouseWait 7 for Android is here. Completely redesigned—please remember to update your rating in Google Play.
Thank you to everyone who played a role in our Raffle this year. This post thanks everyone who was involved.
NEW: Get discounted Disneyland tickets through MouseWait + 100 Credits!
GET MouseWait TEXT NOTIFICATIONS! Go here if you would like to receive MouseWait breaking news notifications (approximately one per month) sent to your phone.
See our updated videos inside of the iOS app including Toy Story Tips featuring BCC, Pirates, Star Tours, Grizzly, Splash Mountain, and more! Thanks to CantWait for creating these high quality videos for us.
New TRIVILATOR Premium pack added! Our first Disneyland Tips pack was added to our new iOS App. This pack will teach you insider Disneyland tips while you play with your friends. If you haven’t tried our new app yet, get it for FREE here. Login with your MouseWait account, and then hit Random Game to be matched up with someone. It’s addicting and fun if you like Disney trivia!
Deadliest Cast Member COMPLETE Season One Compilation has been officially released! Don’t miss out on the discounted price. Discover earth-shattering secrets left behind by Walt Disney–an invention that will change our world. Find out what it’s like to live at Disneyland, and overhear Walt’s plans for the future from his Fire Station Apartment on Main Street.
Our Vegetarian Disneyland book just got a significant update. You can get it here on Amazon. If you’ve already purchased the book, you should be getting an email from Amazon with update instructions.
MouseWait reaches 70,000 friends on Twitter! Read our Twitter story here and discover how you can follow us on other social media outlets.
MOUSEWAIT PLATINUM IS HERE (Disneyland): Get our new Insider’s Guide to Disneyland, limited ads, and more, in our new iPhone/iPad Universal App!
WINDOWS 8 PHONE APP is LIVE! Get it for free here please remember to rate it in the store!
The content in our Lounge has been phenomenal as always thanks to everyone who contributes. Did you know you can subscribe via email to your favorite MouseWaiter’s posts Get Duchess_SMK’s Disney History posts delivered as soon as she posts them. Get Davelandweb’s MouseWait posts first thing in the morning, and so much more! You can also get the Best Posts of the Day emailed to you each morning. Just go to the Best of the Day page in the Lounge and hit the subscribe button.
Get the Best Posts of the Day emailed to you each morning! Just go to the Best of the Day page on the web or mobile version of the Lounge, and click on the “Get the Best of the Day delivered to your email” link. You need a valid MouseWait account with a verified email to subscribe.
MouseWait breaks all-time traffic record! March was a huge month for us, with record amounts of new user, and higher than ever user engagement numbers. As a result, I’ve upgraded our server and added Continuous Scrolling to the web version (mobile version coming in the next few days), which makes it easier to view all of the great content in the Lounge. I also added hashtag capability as well! For more info, see this post.
Special thanks to OrangeCoast Magazine, the definitive source for Orange County dining and events, for recommending MouseWait for wait times at Disneyland in their March issue with a 20 page feature on the Disneyland Resort.
Now you can subscribe to the MouseWait Podcast on iTunes and listen to it in Apple’s Podcast app! You can also subscribe here. The Podcast Team is doing a fantastic job, and they’re improving each week with Disneyland News, MouseWait News and Events, as well as commentary on the Lounge!
What if you could get the pulse of the Disneyland Resort on one page? Now you can! MagicFeed has our exclusive Crowd Index, real-time weather forecasts, the Hojo Mattercam, and so much more!
Order Disney Infinity through the MouseWait Amazon link and MouseWait will receive 5% of your order total. Any time you use MouseWait Amazon links before you order, we get 5% automatically which helps us out with the cost of running MouseWait. Thanks for your support!
View Food Reviews on your PC or Mac! Our extensive Food section is now available on the web.
See all of the comments and replies to your posts in one place. You can also reply from this page as well.
Get our Vegetarian Disneyland book on Amazon that gives you great ideas for healthy food at Disneyland, DCA, and Downtown Disney!
Make sure to follow MouseWait on all of our different platforms to get updates and live pics from the Parks. If we’re having problems with our server, we will post updates on Facebook and Twitter - we are also on Pinterest - Instagram (search for MouseWait), Youtube and Google+ - also in the web version you can share posts to a variety of different social networks which helps spread the word about MW. Thanks!
Check out the Best Posts of the Week from the Lounge to see what’s been happening at Disneyland this week!
Learn about the features available to you on our MouseWait 101 page.
Check out our Food blog to see all the new things to eat on Buena Vista Street and Cars Land.
Take the MouseWait Disneyland Trivia Challenge on Facebook!
Head over to Mattercam Land for a live video feed of Disneyland – chat with your friends at the same time! (100+ MouseRank required).
Trade Vinyls and other things in the MouseWait Trading Post.
Create your own private mousetopia with your friends! mousetopia is built in to your MouseWait account. Give it a try today!
CONNECTIVITY TIPS: Learn how to combat the poor data coverage at Disneyland. When the Parks are packed, most carriers cannot maintain service. Post your tips here or learn from others how to handle this problem at the Resort.
Please use this link before you order on Amazon and MouseWait will receive approximately 5% of your order total. Thanks!
Get MouseWait for Disneyland on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
MouseWait Disneyland for Android
MouseWait Disney World for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
MouseWait Disney World for Android
MouseWait Disneyland Web Version
MouseWait Disney World Web Version
MouseWait Admin Updates/News
Have a great weekend!
Whatever you do, don’t bring an umbrella! See our Disneyland Rainy Day Tips post for the reason why. If you are like me, Disneyland somehow makes you want to eat everything in sight — from fresh popcorn, to a chocolate dipped pineapple spear, it’s difficult to eat healthy at the Resort. Now there’s a way to have fun and detox your body at the same time (you need around 3000 ORAC units per day to properly detox). Just pack some Amazon Thunder Acai Juice, which has over 20,000 ORAC units in one fluid ounce of great tasting juice that your kids will love! This gives you the ORAC units you need, while fulfilling your daily fruit requirement with just one ounce!
10. Make sure you bring these things:
- Get a poncho from Walmart or Target on your way to the Parks. Preferably with a hood (no umbrellas, remember?)
- Rain Boots
- Rain Jacket
- Flip-flops in lieu of rain boots
- Extra socks
- Waterproof bags. Ziplocs work great.
- Sham-wow or something to keep things dry
- Plastic cover for your stroller (painting tarps work great).
- Puppy spill pad – sit on the non absorbent side, and your bottom stays dry.
- Get a locker.
- Check our Disneyland iPhone app or our new MagicFeed for real-time Disneyland weather reports.
9. What NOT to go on
Unless you like the feeling of being shot in the face with plastic BBs, I would not recommend California Screamin’ in the rain. That’s what the rain will feel like on your face. However, if you are a fan of travelling at high speeds while getting hammered by rain drops at 50mph, then you might actually like this. If you like spinning around in circles while getting soaked, then you might want to try the Silly Symphony Swings in the rain.
8. The Bakery Tour
Who doesn’t like to eat freshly baked Boudin’s Sourdough Bread, for FREE, while staying dry and warm? It’s fun and educational to show the kids how the bread is made. The tour doesn’t last very long, but you can hang out in there for as long as you want until the rain subsides.
7. Muppet 3D Theater
This show is entertaining for kids and is often overlooked on normal days when you are running for the main attractions. It will keep you out of the rain for 30 minutes or more as you relax in movie theater style seats.
6. Monster’s Inc
Great for the little ones. Most of the queue is inside so you can stay dry even if you have to wait in line. Since the crowds are light on rainy days, there’s a good chance the wait will be under five minutes, and you can ride it several times in a row.
5. Grizzly River Run
You’re already soaked anyway, right? If you’ve come prepared, you already have what you need to stay dry, so going on Grizzly isn’t going to hurt you one bit. Not to mention it is one of the most scenic and beautiful attractions ever built — even in the rain.
4. Grand Californian Fireplace
Use the Grand Californian exit near Condor Flats, and head over to the Grand Californian lobby where you can sit in front of the massive fireplace. This is a perfect place to relax and stay dry as you take in the elegant setting.
3. Soarin’ Over California
On rainy days, the line is usually short, and for the most part you are indoors. Soarin’ is an attraction for the entire family (40″ and above) and you can stay dry and have fun.
If you haven’t seen this show, then you need to put it on your MouseWait To Do List. This Broadway quality show resides in the beautiful Hyperion Theater in Hollywood Land, and it will entertain the entire family. You’ll forget that it is pouring outside.
Ok, maybe food shouldn’t be the #1 thing to do at California Adventure on a rainy day, but let’s face it — food is pretty important, especially for adults. There aren’t a lot of restaurants in DCA that have indoor seating. Flo’s V8 Cafe has a good sized dining room with decent food and a phenomenal view of Ornament Valley. Taste Pilot’s Grill (next to Soarin’) also has a good sized dining room with ok food. Other than those places, you either need to head into the Grand Californian for White Water Snacks, Storytellers Cafe, or the Napa Rose — or visit one of the upscale restaurants inside the Park like Ariel’s Grotto, the Wine Country Trattoria, or the Carthay Circle Restaurant.
Check out our Disneyland Resort Rainy Day Post on MouseWait for more ideas. You can also post a comment below if you have suggestions for DCA in the rain.
Remember, if you are looking for a healthy, all natural supplement with no additives or preservatives that can fight the bad stuff you put in your body while at Disneyland or anywhere else, grab a bottle of the purest Acai juice on the planet from our friends at Amazon Thunder who produce the Official Health Supplements of MouseWait! Amazon Thunder Acai Juice is 100% Organic and Kosher Certified.
Rainy days at Disneyland typically bring shorter wait times since local Annual Passholders steer clear of the Parks when it’s gloomy outside. Rainy days can be a lot of fun at Disneyland–if you’re prepared! A nice hotel on a rainy day is a terrific way to enjoy Disneyland. At the Hojo Anaheim, you can get a quality room, at an affordable rate. It’s a 5 minute walk to Disneyland, so if the rain is too much, you can head back to your room for a break.
Whatever you do DON’T BRING AN UMBRELLA! They are a pain to carry around, and you will end up poking someone in the eye. DON’T DO IT!
10. Here’s what to bring:
Stop at Target or Walmart before you hit the Park to save money on ponchos. A poncho with a hood is a good way to go, unless of course, you have a rain jacket.
Rain boots are a must–otherwise your shoes will get soaked as you stroll down Main Street. Flip flops also work well (just bring a towel). The last thing you want is wet shoes and socks, so bring an extra pair just in case.
Get a waterproof bag or bring a Ziploc bag for your phone. A plastic cover for your stroller will help keep it dry (clear plastic painting tarps are cheap, and they work *tip thanks to Calypso). Bring a Sham-wow or a towel to keep things dry.
Get a locker, and take a picture of it with your phone, so you remember where it is.
This is an excellent place to keep dry and wait out the rain if that is your plan. Personally, I’d rather get into a short Space Mountain line, but if you want to keep the kids dry while they’re mildly entertained, this is the place. After this, you can head over to Captain EO.
8. Main Street Cinema
You never have time to stop in here, so you might as well do it while it’s raining! After that, you can cruise through the shops of Main Street, and watch Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln for the first time in years.
7. Meet Mickey at Mickey’s House
Mickey’s House is fun for the little ones. At the end, you get a picture with Mickey himself. After you’re done, go meet Minnie–everything is indoors so you can stay dry and keep the little ones entertained. Here are some cool things you can find inside Mickey’s House.
6. The Enchanted Tiki Room
Food is allowed in the Tiki Room so you can feed your kids in while enjoying the show. You might even meet the famous Maynard while you’re there!
5. Jungle Cruise
This attraction is fun in the rain but there is no guarantee you’ll stay dry.
4. Mark Twain
Take a sheltered tour around Tom Sawyer Island in the rain! It usually closes around 5pm so keep that in mind. Get a magnificent view of the Rivers of America in the rain. Ask if you can visit the wheelhouse, and maybe you’ll get lucky!
3. Space Mountain!
You aren’t going to get wet on Space Mountain, and most of the queue is sheltered. The line should be shorter, but check MouseWait before you walk across the Park in the rain.
2. Disneyland Railroad
Take a grand circle tour around Disneyland as you watch everyone else get soaked. This is a fantastic way to relax with a view of Walt’s magical Park!
The Plaza Inn has a large inside dining room. Did you know that you can also get your Chicken to go? Take it to Coke (Coaster) Corner where you can stay dry and enjoy your chicken dinner as you watch the traffic on Main Street. Head over to the Market House for free coffee refills to keep you warm throughout the day. Keep your receipt to get your unlimited free refills. Get more food ideas on our Disneyland Food Blog and see our popular Disneyland Food Reviews.
Check out our Disneyland Resort Rainy Day Post on MouseWait for more ideas and join the discussion!
Since rain in Southern California is so unpredictable, get MouseWait for iPhone, iPad, and Android and watch the Lounge for real-time updates from Disneyland. Check accurate wait times and see live images coming from the Parks.
When you book your room at the Hojo Anaheim, tell them MouseWait sent you, and they will give you a discount. Give them a call at 800-422-4228 to book your room.
The following attractions are usually closed in the rain: Tom Sawyer Island, Mad Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland, Big Thunder Mountain (closed till the Fall anyway), Gadget’s Go Coaster, Matterhorn, and Tarzan’s Tree House.
UPDATE–more tips from the community! The Finding Nemo Observation room has a warm heater (great alternative to the actual subs, thanks MarshaMouse). Get a grilled cheese and soup combo at the Jolly Holiday (@tinkerschelle), bring a puppy spill pad and sit on the non-absorbent side so your bottom stays dry (@meridashair), If you are prepared, hit Splash Mountain and Autopia (@kmsalling), hang out in the Opera House- sometimes characters hang out there too (@chachalina55). STAR WARS FANS: Instead of the Jedi Training Academy, they usually have a meet and greet with Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, and Darth Maul (@StarWarsLove).
Check out our California Adventure Rainy Day Tips post.
Post your rainy day tips in the comments below!
Rainy Day Calvalcade (video by Coaster): When the rain cancels the parades, this is what happens:
Ever since MouseWait debuted in the App Store in 2009, I’ve been in awe of the community that’s developed from a simple iPhone app. Today, we have over 100,000 registered users, 43,000 followers on Twitter, almost 10,000 on Facebook, and we get almost 400,000 unique visitors per month with over 50 million page views. MouseWait is the most updated Disneyland mobile app in history and with version 5.0, I wanted to rebuild our system from scratch to optimize for speed. We dug deep and took a big risk implementing a brand new design, and we added over 100 new features. My goal is to connect Disneyland fans around the world and let them share their love for Disney in one place – no matter where they are.
The Storybook Theme
Most people refer to MouseWait as a “Mobile Gateway to Disneyland”. When you’re on MouseWait, you’re viewing a real-life, real-time, unfolding story of what is happening at Disneyland. This is what inspired me to create a “Storybook” theme which turns your iPhone into a magical real-time gateway that gives you a glimpse into the daily events, atmosphere, and ambiance of the Disneyland Resort. MouseWait is a place where you can escape from reality and be transported inside the storied gates Walt created – no matter where you are in the world. I always dreamed of creating something that could deliver a constant live feed of pictures and videos from the Happiest Place on Earth. There’s something special (and therapeutic) about seeing live pictures from Disneyland and our users love viewing them. I hired an artist to design rich wood navigation bars along with a border that resembles the binding of an old-style storybook. Since there are so many wonderful people involved in our community who constantly share their experiences at Disneyland, MouseWait is able to tell the story of people having fun on vacation, people making friends, having fun with big groups in the Parks, and the simple joy of walking down Main Street USA. MouseWait shows you real time news and other events as they unfold. We tell the continual daily story of what’s happening at the most famous theme park in the world. That is why I decided to go with this elegant, Storybook theme for the new version of MouseWait. The theme also coincides with the rich tradition of storytelling started by Walt Disney himself who was, of course, the master storyteller. In addition, we used canvas designs throughout the app to commemorate Walt’s early days as an artist and animator. The canvas is also symbolic of Walt’s belief that Disneyland would never be complete, and that it would continue to grow as long as there was imagination left in the world.
A Whole New World on the Wait Time Screens!
When you click on an attraction from the wait time screens, you now have several options. You can see the Wikipedia listing for the attraction, the Yelp page, a Youtube video, and you can enter a whole new world through Lounge pages dedicated to each attraction! This allows you to post your favorite tips, talk with other MouseWaiters, and more – directly on the wait time screens!
Keep track of the comments and replies to ALL of your conversations in one place! When you get a Push notification, the notification takes you directly to your central Notifications page. This allows you to keep in touch with everyone a lot easier.
FULL Retina Display Support
We added full Retina graphics to the iPad and iPhone apps so everything is crystal clear on your Retina device!
MouseWait Radio Improvements
We fixed a lot of issues with our Radio feature. Now you can play MouseWait Radio in the background while you use other apps. If you double click on your Home button, you can also pause tracks and send the track to your Apple TV or other AirPlay enabled device. We have almost 200 tracks for your listening pleasure. A lot of people listen to Radio while they are using MouseWait, because it makes them feel like they are at the Parks.
We’ve spent a lot of money over the years on server upgrades and other functionality in an effort to increase speed. With 5.0, you should notice a significant speed increase in the Lounge and when viewing and entering wait times. We rebuilt our entire infrastructure to make things faster.
Now you can purchase MouseWait Credits directly in the app! Credits allow you to purchase virtual collector items and let you unlock new features (although almost all features are unlocked right now). Credits help us improve MouseWait and generate more revenue. Credits can be used in ALL of our apps, including our upcoming games (MagicRace and GoatEffect). You also have the ability to earn Credits by contributing to the app. As your MouseRank increases, your Credits increase as well.
We have the most extensive Disneyland (and surrounding area) food section anywhere. Our dedicated Food feature lets you find food near you fast. We also have detailed food reviews from the community and even a Food Blog that is constantly updated. If you are trying to find something good to eat at Disneyland, we’ve got you covered! MouseWait is the only app that shows you wait times for most restaurants and other eateries in the Park like the Dole Whip Line, Blue Bayou, Corn Dog Castle, and more!
With all the Retina display devices on the market today, we wanted to design the new MouseWait to take advantage of these high resolution screens. We totally rebuilt the design to match our Storybook theme – wait until you see it, it is gorgeous on a Retina enabled iPad. With the iPad, we have access to more screen real estate, so we can keep the Dashboard open on the left at all times which allows you navigate quickly through all of our functions. You can also access both the mobile and web version of the Lounge (the web version is launched from the Lounge icon on the bottom nav bar).
iPhone 5 Compatible!
MouseWait 5.0 is iPhone 5 ready – which means our design is optimized for the longer screen. This makes a huge difference with MouseWait because it allows you to take in more info at one time, and it looks awesome! MouseWait runs at blistering speeds on the new iPhone 5, especially when you are in LTE range. Slow data speeds in the Park have inhibited our development and growth for years. Faster data will allow us to integrate more groundbreaking features.
Since MouseWait is the largest mobile Disneyland discussion in the world, we have so much valuable information stored in the Lounge. We made our Search feature faster so you can find what you are looking for – almost instantaneously (depending on your current connection). You can search directly from the Dashboard, or from inside the Lounge and the results show much faster than before. Looking for ice cream or salmon in the Park? Do a quick one word search and find results that you would never find on Google or anywhere else! If you want to check for info regarding a recent event or attraction, just search for it and you will find real time updated info on that subject. This comes in handy when you need fast info inside the Park or on the way (or at home – where most people use MouseWait!).
FIND POSTS IN THE LOUNGE EASIER!
We just added a new feature that lets you view posts from any date in the past. For example, if you click the More button (you need to be logged into your account to see this feature), you can click “Today” and you will be shown all posts for today from newest to oldest! You can also click “Yesterday” or enter a custom date range. This lets you mine the treasures of the Lounge, relive special events as they happened, and so much more!
Improved Crowd Index:
We’re constantly working to improve our Crowd Index, each month it gets more and more accurate. We recently made modifications to generate a near real-time number, and we are continuing to work on it so the Crowd Index reflects the quieter times at the Park more accurately.
Improved Wait Time Algorithm:
Thanks to our massive loyal user base, we always have an army of people at the Parks entering wait times. What most people don’t know, is we also have an algorithm that steps in and helps with estimates when there isn’t an updated time on the list. This algorithm has been around since the beginning and we keep meticulous track of exact wait times, the day they are on, the month, etc. This gives us an incredibly accurate estimate due to the sheer number of real time submissions we’ve accumulated since 2009.
Attraction Status Reports:
If an attraction is down for refurbishment, we show this on the wait time tabs. We also show when it is scheduled to reopen. This saves you time because you don’t have to go somewhere else to figure out why it is closed.
We launched a new feature in the Lounge that lets you see ALL Disneyland Resort News in ONE place. Whether you are planning a visit, or just want to know what is going on before you get there, just hit NEWS and you will be brought up to date no matter what device you are on.
Watch a real time feed of wait times being entered Resort-wide. Pulse also gives you thirty minute warnings before shows start. We stream the Best of the Day from the Lounge, as well as important announcements through Pulse. It is great if you are looking for things to do in the Park, because you can watch as things update in real-time. Just as the name suggests, it lets you keep tabs on the “pulse” of the Resort at a glance. Watch for more improvements to Pulse over the next few months.
New HD Backgrounds
We added more amazing backgrounds in stunning HD which look fantastic with the new design. You can download these in the Settings tab – Change Background. Special thanks to chris. for providing his amazing photography which adds a beautiful new element to MouseWait 5.0.
Better GPS Features
Knowing what’s around you is important, which is why we have several GPS functions built into MouseWait. whatNEXT? shows you attractions, food, events, and more – all on one page. “Find Food Near You,” “Find Restrooms Near You,” and “Events Near You” help you find the things you need with one click.
In the Lounge, we have a list that shows the Top 100 Quality leaders. We reward and recognize people who submit quality content. This allows you to identify and follow people who post great information, pictures, and videos. You can Follow any user in the Lounge and create your own personal MouseWait magazine called MyFEED. MyFEED lets you customize the Lounge by giving you a real-time feed that consists of only the users you select.
We have an algorithm for wait times, and now we have one for the Lounge as well! This algorithm helps the great content rise to the top and get more exposure. This leads to a better reading experience.
It’s Easier to Use!
We made several improvements based on user feedback which make this version easier to navigate. We changed the way certain pages load, like the Search results and other views, so everything is uniform throughout the app.
Set reminders for your next Fastpass, shows, and more. We send you a Push notification whenever you tell us to.
Still in beta, mousetopia is a private network built into your existing MouseWait account. You select and approve your friends, and you can talk and share images in a more private setting. For more information about mousetopia go here. The great thing is it works seamlessly with your MouseWait account so there is nothing new to sign up for.
The Hojo Mattercam and Mattercam Land:
Not only is the Hojo Anaheim a great supporter of MouseWait, they also provide the wonderful Mattercam that gives us a live view of the Parks from several angles. You can view this live camera from your mobile device inside MouseWait, you can even stream it to your Apple TV! We also created something called Mattercam Land which is a place to watch the camera while chatting with other MouseWaiters. People use this Land to watch fireworks and just hang out while watching the live feeds from Anaheim.
You can’t put a price on friendship. I am so grateful for a generous community who contributes their time, talent, and treasure to make MouseWait a better place. If this sounds like a bunch of hype, go read and watch real stories of how the MouseWait community has changed lives.
More to come…
We have more upgrades coming soon including a totally redesigned Dashboard that will give you everything you need to know on ONE page! This new Dashboard will also serve as a springboard for jumping to your favorite features. Our desire is to connect Disney fans worldwide. Our proprietary software is designed to give you the tools to share your love for Disneyland with the world – or with just your closest friends. MouseWait has something for everybody and it is driven by a love for Disneyland and Walt’s Dream.
Oh and it’s FREE!
MouseWait is FREE in the app store just like it has been since we started back in October of 2009. If you would like to help us with our maintenance expenses and our continued development you can donate via PayPal at the top right of our web version pages here or you can purchase Credits. MouseWait also gets up to 15% of your Amazon purchases if you use this link immediately before ordering. Thank you for your support!
To our loyal Android MouseWaiters: don’t worry, many of these updates will also be in your version of the Lounge. Also, other upgrades will appear in upcoming Android releases, thanks for being patient!
Here are a few great videos about what Disneyland does at Christmas time – this is a very special time of the year at the parks. Bookmark this page because we will add more as we find them. This page is iPhone compatible, however, we have noticed that the videos won’t play inside the MouseWait Android app – but if you go to this page in the regular Android browser it will work – http://mousewait.com/blog
The segment that shows how the Candy Canes are made is at 7:00 on the first video. I believe they make 3 batches a day, 45 each batch, starting on Nov 26 this year, so only around 1000 are made per season. You can see the Disneyland Candy Cane schedule here for 2010.
Guy’s Disney Holiday Part 1
Guy’s Disney Holiday Part 2
Guy’s Disney Holiday Part 3
Guy’s Disney Holiday Part 4
Get the most popular Disneyland iPhone app in the world, get real-time Disneyland news on your PC or Mac, get MouseWait M, our Disneyland mobile version that works on BlackBerry’s and most smartphones, and our new Disneyland Android app (for Android Froyo).
Please read the Ground Rules below so we can all have a great experience with MouseWait. This was updated on 11-10-2010
IF YOU ARE NEW PLEASE READ THESE FIRST – ESPECIALLY THE FAQs at the bottom, thank you!
- Absolutely no profanity (this includes references to profanity like abbreviations, etc). No sexual references, racism, harmful speech, threatening (on or off MouseWait), hate language toward any person or group of people, impersonating, or making fun of tragedies. This is a family community and users who violate this will be banned without notice.
- VACATION/DISNEY ATMOSPHERE: The Lounge should be a place to get away from reality and experience the Magic of Disneyland, the overall tone should be on a positive note and it should emulate the attitude and mood of someone who is on vacation at the resort. The Lounge is your mobile gateway to Disneyland – it should be a getaway from reality, which is why we don’t like bad news posted in there either since people can turn on their TV for that. However, since this is a family community, if you need support or prayer for something then it is definitely ok to ask.
- PICTURE POSTING: The primary purpose for this feature is to display real-time images from the parks. However, you can also post Disney/MouseWait related pictures as well IF IT IS IN THE INTEREST OF ADDING QUALITY CONTENT TO THE LOUNGE. For example, pictures of unofficial “Hidden Mickeys” outside of the park should be posted on Flickr instead of inside the Lounge. A picture of you at Knotts should – well that shouldn’t even be on Flickr! A good rule to go by is that if the picture is Disney or MouseWait related and it is in the interest of adding value, reporting news, or to tell us more about yourself then it is ok to post.
- ONE PROFILE ONLY: You are NOT allowed to create and post under multiple identities – anyone caught violating this could be banned with out notice.
- REPORT FEATURE: Reporting can be done by MWs with a certain minimum MouseRank. If your post is reported, DO NOT REPOST IT, you can email the Admins and they can restore the post if it is necessary. Also, please don’t start a new post asking why your post was reported – and definitely don’t try to ask who reported it. There is nothing to get excited about if your post gets reported, it is still in the system and viewable from your MyMW page, it is just not viewable in the main Lounge. People who abuse the Report button will be penalized – also if a post is restored by the Admins, DO NOT Report it again.
- Disneyland Talk – this Land is reserved for Disney/MouseWait talk ONLY – everything else will be reported/deleted.
- The Hub is where you can post non-Disney related items (but please do not post non-Disney pictures).
- Disneyland Real-Time Land: This is ONLY for people who are at the park, posting real-time updates
- NO SPOILERS – do not post any scores, results of TV shows, or anything that could ruin it for someone who is at the park recording something. Also, please do not start posts about politics.
- TIPS: You can click on the Admin link to see the latest updates. You can use the search feature to find almost any subject imaginable. When you Like a post, it is saved to your Favorites for quick access later from your MyMW page. You can find the most popular and highest rated posts by going to Most Popular and Best of the Day. If you haven’t done the food reviews yet, please go to Food Land and post your review on the restaurant. WE LOVE REAL-TIME DISNEYLAND OR DISNEY NEWS – so if you have breaking news please post it. We also love real-time updates from the park, we have people in the Lounge from around the world and you would be surprised how much joy they get from this. Remember, your experience in the Lounge can be enhanced if you add value to the community. If you are here purely to take and not give – then you won’t get much out of it.
- When you enter wait times, it helps the real-time displays as well as helping future predictions. Please only post a wait time only if you are physically at the attraction – do not guess or enter times without physically being there.
- Piggybacking times is not allowed. This is simply entering times that are already posted – our system will automatically detect this and ban you from our system. There is a possibility that you could be banned from seeing the entire app on your phone for abusing our system (THIS COMPLETE BAN PREVENTS YOU FROM ACCESSING MOUSEWAIT PERMANENTLY)
- Efforts to artificially boost your MouseRank through wait times will be penalized.
- It is ok to enter the time posted on the sign in front of the attraction. Then, if you want, you can time the actual line, and enter that time.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR MOUSERANK
- There are numerous ways to properly increase your MouseRank listed below. Please don’t try to artificially raise your MouseRank because MouseRank will be taken away for attempts to abuse the system.
- WAIT TIMES – this is the #1 way to increase MouseRank – enter accurate wait times and fastpass times.
- ADD QUALITY CONTENT TO THE LOUNGE: The important word there is “quality” – spamming the Lounge will not earn you more MouseRank – but adding great content, interacting and commenting on other’s posts, will all build MouseRank. When people Like your posts, you gain a lot of MouseRank points – but asking for people to Like your post in an effort to build your rank is not acceptable and will be penalized.
- BEING GENEROUS: If you are giving away things in the Lounge, this will be rewarded, email us and let us know what you are giving away and we will give you a MouseRank boost
- CHUB33 Circuit: We will give you a bonus boost if you complete the entire circuit which is all of the times entered for Disneyland AND DCA consecutively. Just email us and we will give you your MouseRank boost
- HELPING OTHERS: If we notice that you are commenting on posts in an effort to help people find answers to your questions, we will also boost your MouseRank.
- HOSTING EVENTS: If you are hosting approved events in the Lounge in an effort to build the community, you will get a MouseRank boost as well.
- BREAKING NEWS: Extra points will be awarded for being the first to break news in the Lounge.
Q. What are the numbers next to my name in the Lounge?
A. The first number is your MouseRank, the second number is your rank among all MouseWaiters.
Q. How do I post a picture to the Lounge?
A. You need an iPhone – go to Post to the Lounge, and then click the camera button to add a picture or take a picture. Please read our picture posting rules above first.
Q. How do I post a profile picture?
A. Go to the MouseRank tab on the iPhone and scroll down until you see the option to add a profile picture
Q. Why can’t I post wait times?
A. It could be that your UDID did not register on our server, please email us with your UDID HOW TO FIND YOUR UDID: The way to find your UDID is go to the app store and download the free UDID app (usually the first one that comes up), it will let you easily email your UDID to us from your phone. IT IS FASTER if you enter your own UDID in your Profile page when you are logged into the Lounge.
Q. I am getting a white screen when trying to get into the Lounge or other things aren’t working with MouseWait?
A. Rebooting MouseWait will solve most problems, please do this first before trying to troubleshoot further – HOW TO REBOOT MOUSEWAIT (iOS4) If you are having issues with 2.0 at any time – click the Home button, then double click the Home button to show the multitasking bar (4.0), then press and hold the MouseWait icon and close it. Then when you relaunch MouseWait, it starts up from scratch, this “reboots” it.
Q. Can I change my username?
A. We do not recommend this at this time and we do not support issues that arise from username changes
Q. Is it crowded at Disneyland right now?
A. The best thing to do is to check the wait times, this gives you a very good indication. Also look at the MouseRank Crowd Index on the wait time pages (2.1). You can also go to the Disneyland Real-Time Land to see what people are talking about right now in the park. It is best to not ask the question in the Lounge because it gets to be too much if everyone is asking that.
Q. Can I access MouseWait on my BlackBerry or other smartphone?
A. Yes – we have a mobile version (not an app) called MouseWait M – it is optimized for the Opera Mini 5 Browser and you can get to it on your phone by going to http://mousewait.com/m
Q. Can I access MouseWait on my computer?
A. Yes – go to http://web.mousewait.com
Q. Can I block a user from appearing in my view of the Lounge?
A. Yes. Click on their username and select Block and you won’t see their posts anymore
Q. What is the MouseWait Crowd Index?
A. This is a real-time gauge of how crowded the parks are – you can get the full explanation here – MouseWait Crowd Index
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE MOUSEWAIT DISNEY STORE ON AMAZON! (Benefits MouseWait)
Due to MouseWait’s HUGE user base, historical algorithm, and massive amount of real-time historical data (MouseWait averages 15-20 wait time submissons per minute during peak times), we are launching something that will benefit the entire Disneyland community – the MouseWait Crowd Index (MWCI). This is a number from 1-100 that accurately shows you the current crowd level at the park.
If you are wondering whether or not to head to the parks today, check the MWCI – we will also be providing MWCI forecasts to the public as well. This will help you plan your trips and it will help annual passholders decide whether it is worth it or not to head down to Disneyland.
How is this number accurate? MouseWait has the most real-time wait time submissions in the world and we have designed our advanced algorithm to select the most accurate times, mixed with several other factors, to generate the MWCI real-time. We also have a large amount of MouseWaiters in the park at any given time.
Below is a graph that shows you the benchmarks the MouseWait Crowd Index so it is easy to decipher the current MWCI. For example, if we post a 85 MWCI – based on the benchmarks below, you can see that 85 represents a typical, busy summer day at the parks. If you have ever been to Disneyland in the summer, you know that it is crowded, but they are usually running more trains/cars than a slower Fall day.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for MWCI Reports – also if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch download the best Disneyland iPhone app in the world and get crowd updates real-time in the Lounge. MouseWait will soon be available on more platforms! Stay tuned for details.
MouseWait has been featured on several news programs, publications, and newspapers, here is a clip from KTLA news:
Technorati Tags: ktla
MouseWaiter DznyHeart got some cool pics of Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato together on Sunday April 25 at Disneyland. Since MouseWait has the largest group of the best Disneyland fans in the world, we frequently get pictures like this before anyone else does, especially when celebrities are in the parks. For breaking, real-time news, you can download the FREE Disneyland iPhone app or you can follow us on Twitter @MouseWait.
Pictures Copyrighted All Rights Reserved May Not Be Reproduced Without Express Written Permission
Download the best Disneyland app for your iPhone or iPod Touch today!
All the phone numbers you need in one place, just click to call from your iPhone!
Talk to a live Cast Member at Disneyland: 714-781-4565
General Disneyland info: 714-781-7290
Disney Dining Reservations: 714-781-3463
Park Hours: 714-781-4565
Lost Children: 714-781-4210
Disneyland Hotel: 714-956-6425
Grand Californian Hotel: 714-635-2300
Paradise Pier Hotel: 714-999-0990
Main Street Candy Palace Candy Making Schedule (from Ladystrac): 714-781-0112
Annual Passholder Info Line 714-781-4567 or 714-781-4546
Anaheim PD Disneyland Substation: 714-765-3436
Anaheim PD non-emergency line 714-765-1900 (general questions or report calls)
Anaheim PD emergency response line 714-765-1911 (crimes in progress, life/death, instead of 911 on cell phone while in Anaheim)
Disneyland Kennel Club (from Brenda in the comments below) 714-781-7662
Do you know of an important number that should be on this list? Post it in the comments below, thanks!
CHECK OUT THE MOUSEWAIT DISNEY STORE ON AMAZON! (Benefits MouseWait)
This is a great video of both fireworks shows – check out the finale at the end!
MouseWait has become the highest rated Disneyland iPhone app in the HISTORY of the app store, thanks to you!
SORRY THIS ROOM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE! This amazing one-bedroom villa at the Grand Californian is an experience you’ll never forget! This special is for MouseWait users – Disney sells this exact same room on the exact same day for $989 plus taxes.
We have stayed at the Grand Californian Villas 6 times since it opened and it is absolutely the BEST way to go to Disneyland with a group of people! The family room part of this condo is SO AMAZING it is like being at home – footsteps from the parks. You can bring your own food, do laundry, everything you would do at home. You can have birthday parties, invite your friends to come out during the day and hang out, and you can easily sleep two families in a 1 bedroom due to the size.
Once you stay here you will not want to stay in a regular hotel. Save money on food and do Disneyland in style!
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa offers Vacation Homes that capture the spirit of the Golden State’s romantic craftsman era. Discover timeless sophistication, unique decorative arts and warm, inviting interiors in a variety of family-friendly Vacation Homes located within Disneyland® Resort, just footsteps away from true magic and fantasy come-to-life
- Sleeps up to 5 (this is what Disney says on their site but you can get way more than 5 in the room, you could sleep two families in this one bedroom condo easily)
- 2 bathrooms: one master bathroom with whirlpool tub and an additional bathroom in living area with shower (no tub)
- Master suite with king-size bed
- Queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room
- Pull-down bunk-size bed in living room
- Flat-panel TV in living room and master suite, DVD player in living room
- Full kitchen includes: coffeemaker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
- Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
- Private porch or balcony
This room is available on Feb 10 – a perfect Christmas gift and the date will fall right before Valentine’s Day!
We currently have this room listed on eBay for $697, MouseWait users get a $100 discount so the total would be $597 (split this cost with another family and it comes to only $298 each). If you are interested, please send us a message by using this form. Or you can leave a comment!
This is from a recent MouseWait press release – special thanks goes to the MouseWait community, we couldn’t do it without you!
It took only two months for MouseWait, the first social Disneyland iPhone wait time app, to become the highest rated Disneyland app in the history of the app store.
This happened after the recent release of MouseWait 1.5 – which is a total redesign that includes full Facebook and Twitter integration, and a lot more. The creators of MouseWait, app316.com, put so many features into MouseWait 1.5 that some can’t believe it is still a 100% free app – which is evident by the overwhelming written reviews. MouseWait has the most five star ratings of any Disneyland iPhone application and also has the highest overall rating.
One of the biggest additions to MouseWait is a brand-new behind the scenes technology called MouseRank® which leverages user authority to generate accurate wait times. MouseRank® mixed with the existing and ever-evolving complex server-side algorithm has the ability to revolutionize wait times by scientifically mixing hundreds of separate factors at one time. In fact the combination of MouseRank® and a fine tuned algorithm has the potential of reporting the most accurate wait times available from any service.
A patent for MouseRank® was filed earlier this year.
Kelly Johns, who started development on MouseWait when the app store officially launched in 2008, credits the success of MouseWait to the amazing community of loyal iPhone and Disneyland fans. “The credit goes to the overwhelming number of people who use MouseWait on a daily basis. We just developed a mobile gateway for them so they could experience Disneyland from all over the world and we try to listen and implement as many requests as possible.”
MouseWait is the first Disneyland iPhone app to fully integrate social networking giants Facebook and Twitter. People can post the current wait time of a ride directly to Twitter or Facebook. They can also update their own status on both networks directly from the app. MouseWait also utilizes FriendFeed, Flickr, Hahlo and even the new Google real-time search features. On the Facebook tab, you can click a button and see all of your Facebook friends who have MouseWait installed ( called your Disneyland Friends) – you can also check your newsfeed, access your Facebook phone list, see events, notifications, comment on your friends posts, and more.
Another major addition to MouseWait is the brand-new Hidden Mickey checklist which streams a large list of Hidden Mickeys for the user to check off as they find them. MouseWait keeps track of which ones you have found. This was a highly requested feature from the MouseWait community and was added based on user feedback.
Johns says that MouseWait 2.0 is already in the works and a majority of the upgrade was completed months ago. app316.com is anticipating a January release for 2.0. The new version will include several new innovations that have never been attempted before and he believes the MouseWait community will be pleasantly surprised.
If you are excited to hear about the new release and just want to get the new version in the app store go here and download MouseWait 1.5 – its FREE!
This is a major upgrade that includes fixes and brand new features.
Probably the biggest addition is the behind the scenes technology we installed – the release of our patent-pending technology called MouseRank® – which leverages user authority to create accurate wait times. This is something that has never been attempted in the wait time world, and it will revolutionize wait times because they will become extremely accurate when you mix our proprietary MouseRank® technology, with our complex server-side algorithm. A patent was filed earlier this year for MouseRank technology.
Anyway, enough with the techno-jargon – here is what we packed into MouseWait 1.5
- Facebook Connect issue solved, now you can login and use Facebook
- A real Hidden Mickey Checklist added! – Now you can check off and save the Hidden Mickey checklist!
- New MouseWait Dashboard! Makes it easy to find the most popular features of MouseWait
- MouseRank technology added (introduces user authority for the first time ever in a wait time app)
- Post to Twitter – in this version you can sign in to your Twitter account and post updates directly from MouseWait
- You can also post wait time messages direct to Twitter (and Facebook)
- Live streaming Google weather loaded directly on to the Dashboard!
- Live update boxes located directly on the Dashboard bring you the latest news about Disneyland
- Hahlo 4 Twitter client added to the Twitter page so you can manage your entire Twitter account while inside of MouseWait
- Improved Resources page layout and speed enhancements
Just click on the MouseRank tab and enter your username, it is that easy – we are tracking points based on accurate wait time submissions, participation in the Live Chat Lounge, and several other factors. Bottom line is that the more you positively contribute to the MouseWait community, the higher your MouseRank® will be. We will be having contests and other cool things too for MouseRank Authority Users.
Stay tuned, the fun has only just begun, lots more in store (things that we finished months ago and haven’t been released) – our goal is to make the MouseWait user experience better and better each day! MouseWait is the first Disneyand iPhone app to ever give this much away for free. Enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DISNEYLAND LIST – THESE ARE OUTLETS IN THE PARK – SO PLEASE ASK A CAST MEMBER BEFORE YOU USE THESE.
IT IS BETTER TO PURCHASE A BATTERY PACK FOR YOUR PHONE, get the highest quality custom MouseWait Portable Chargers by Juno Labs here!
MouseWait user @abefromen was nice enough to post some great places in the parks where you could charge your iPhone (which is always an issue at Disneyland, especially when you are working your iPhone overtime). He said it would be cool if everyone joined in and tried to find these hard to locate electrical outlets so that we would end up with a lot of different places where we can charge our iPhones in the park.
The BEST way to charge your iPhone or Android phone in the Parks is with the custom Limited Edition MouseWait Portable Charger - it will charge two devices at the same time and has enough juice in it to charge a single iPhone four or five times!
Well, that is what we have done – or at least started. Thanks to the fasting growing Disneyland iPhone community in the world (the MouseWait community), we have been able to find a lot of great places to charge your phone, most of it came via our MouseWait Live Chat Lounge which has a lot of amazing people in it each day.
Here they are, PLEASE add yours below so we can make this list huge!
Special thanks to CantWait for updating and verifying this latest list.
- Main St. The Fire House – behind the engine
- Main St. train station go into the front entrance and make a left (sit and charge)
- In front of the Photo Shop on Main Street. If you are looking directly at the entrance, look on the wall to your right and you will see an outlet with a cover on it.
- Main St. Carnation Cafe: There are two outlets flanking the doorway between Carnation Cafe and The Bakery. From Awesome
- Main St Gibson girl ice cream parlor at the tables
- Main St. Lockers
- Main St next to Painless DDS and Lockers
- The east exit of the Market House on Main St.
- Inside the Baby Care station in Main St. is a wall outlet in the little nursing room. Charge up while you feed your little one From Polkadobo
- The Snow White Wishing Well in Fantasyland – with your back to the well, face towards the Castle and it is in the bushes next to the railing – 2 outlets in a green camouflaged box.
- Matterhorn exit right side on black lamp
- Behind the Edelweiss Snack Shop
- Across from the edelweiss on the south post of the old boat ride launch platform
- Carnation Plaza (the dance floor in between the Castle and Frontierland) there is a box on the stage and behind it is an outlet (thanks to MouseWait user @disneylove for this clarification)
- Pizza Port in Tomorrowland – directly to the right of the front entrance. You can sit and charge!
- Two in the buzz FP dispenser and two in the bushes to the right of the Buzz exit in Tomorrowland
- Space Mountain exit Tomorrowland: There is an outlet right outside of the cast member entrance near the exit area of Space Mountain and the bathrooms
- In Critter Country, there is an outlet just outside the back door of Pooh Corner gift shop (thanks to a comment from Cindy below)
- Critter Country lower level of Hungry Bear Restaurant
- There is an outlet in Frontier Land in the small character plaza outside the Rancho del Zocalo exit. It is on the right side behind the little fence (thanks to Cindy)
- The second level of the Golden Horseshoe Saloon is littered with outlets, especially next to the performers booths (thanks to B Smith)
- Frontierland. It’s just outside of Big Thunder behind the benches that face the ride. From MozGirl
- Stand by entrance to Splash Mountain and to the left of the outer Fastpass sign.
- Next to the Pirate fortune teller inside the Pieces of Eight store in New Orleans square. From MozGirl
- Toon Town train station – this one is near the benches, you can sit and charge!
- Toon Town city hall steps east and west
- Toon Town Behind Donalds boat
- Toon Town Roger Rabbit Car Toon spin far right of the entrance by drinking fountain
- Toon Town Post Office
- Toon Town – in between the Store and the Electricity Door by Roger Rabbit
- Toon Town inside the Firehouse Jailhouse building. The steps of the Electricity Door are a good place to sit while charging (from DZNY HEART)
- The Picnic Area outside the front entrance of Disneyland by the Coke machine
None of the outlets in the bushes at the small world overflow cue are working (On a breaker for Christmas use – Mad Mardigan)
- Eat and let your phone charge! Head over to the Bay Area (next to Paradise Pier) look for an old stage where the bands used to play. If you are looking at the stage it is on your right and you can eat and let your phone charge!
- Every red parade light stand has two power outlets and two audio (xlr) jacks
- In the Boudin Bread tour to the right or the entrance
- Outside the Boudin tour at the pay phones
- 3 outlets in Tower of Terror one next to the elevator on the far right one next to a bench in the exit hallway and one on the right of the exit of the gift shop
- Four outlets outside on the East facing wall of Animation Building
- Two outlets in the Zoetrope room on the floor in the Animation Building
- Multiple outlets in hallways entering and exiting Animation Building
- Hallway of Sorcerers Workshop in the Animation Building
- Outlet in the pre show room of it’s tough to be a bug down low on the west wall
- Four more at the front of the mens and womens restrooms in bugs land
- Four more outlets to the right of bugs land entrance sign to the left of tables
- Three power outlets on building across from Ariel’s Grotto between Catch a Flave and the bridge
- Outlet next to a table near the 3D Muppet Show
- In the Blue Sky Cellar to the right of the exit
- Taste Pilot southwest corner at a table
- At and behind the pay phones across from Soarin over California
- There are a few outlets by the bathrooms that are at the entrance
- Burger Invasion
- Next to the store across from Soarin’ Over California, there are payphones, there are outlets there.
- Near the bathroom entrance in the Hollywood Backlot (the bathrooms near Playhouse Disney).
- The restroom corridor behind the King Triton Carousel
Add your charging station find below so our iPhones never run out of juice at the park!
We just launched this a few minutes ago thanks to our partnership with the HoJo Anaheim. In the MouseWait Resources tab, you will find the first iPhone optimized LIVE VIDEO feed coming direct from the Mattercam! This is what it looks like below – now you can watch live streams from Disneyland right inside of MouseWait on your iPhone, enjoy!
Watch sunsets, fireworks, and more, all on your iPhone! Exclusively from MouseWait!
Download the first social Disneyland iPhone app right now!
This is a cool behind the scenes video that gives you a glimpse of how they get ready for Christmas at Disneyland. We posted this in the MouseWait Video Feed tab in the iPhone app as well.
Download the most amazing Disneyland iPhone app and see what’s going on now at Disneyland!
Check out this Hidden Mickeys checklist for Disneyland – Anaheim. Courtesy of our friends at FindingMickey.com [Last update OCTOBER 23, 2009]
ALSO: Please leave your comments below and let us know about other Hidden Mickeys and other hidden things at the parks!
Look at the Finding Mickey Flickr Photo Stream to see iPhone optimized images!
[ ] Compass Rose (Mickey themed compass rose decorates the center of the plaza)
[ ] Personalized Bricks (many of the bricks have inscribed Classic Mickeys)
[ ] Benches (Classic Mickey benches are scattered around the entrance plaza)
[ ] Information Booth (guest information sign features a Classic Mickey)
[ ] Security Check Queue (fun tip signs, look for a coaster car)
[ ] Ticket Booth (Classic Mickeys top each ticket booth)
[ ] Ticket Booth (each window features a Classic Mickey cutout)
[ ] Ticket Booth (paired Mickey brackets supporting each window counter)
[ ] Street Lamps (gas-style street lamps are topped with Classic Mickeys)
[ ] Sign Post (sign posts bases are covered with Classic Mickey patterns)
[ ] Sign Post (sign posts are topped with Classic Mickeys)
[ ] Tree Guard Rivets (iron tree guards are fastened with Classic Mickey rivets)
[ ] Turnstiles (each turnstile features a Classic Mickey cutout)
[ ] Strollers & Wheelchairs Sign (swirled Classic Mickey cutouts on both sides)
Parking & Surrounding Areas
[ ] Disneyland Drive (a satellite photo or Paradise Pier window to see a giant Mickey)
[ ] Mickey & Friends Parking Structure (U-turn signs)
[ ] Mickey & Friends Parking Structure (Daisy level Hidden Mickey – 3A-3B)
[ ] Mickey & Friends Parking Structure (Daisy level Hidden Mickey – 2A – 2 poles away)
Main Street, U.S.A.
[ ] Disneyland Railroad Station (two Mickey flags)
[ ] Disneyland City Hall (flag above the guided tours building)
[ ] Disneyland Casting Agency Door (Hidden Mickeys in the door’s design)
[ ] Main Street Cinema (outside pillar)
[ ] Main Street Cinema (Hidden Mickey lights inside the cinema)
[ ] Main Street Market House (Classic Mickey wall decor)
[ ] Main Street Market House (buttons placed in a Mickey shape in window display)
[ ] Main Street Fruit Cart (Hidden Mickey under the green iron fruit cart)
[ ] Penny Arcade (Stitch pressed quarter machine, Hidden Mickey stamped on machinery)
[ ] Penny Arcade (Antique Scale – Brass Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Blue Ribbon Bakery (mural behind the counter – Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Main Street Photo Supply Co. (Hidden Mickey shaped lens on antique camera)
[ ] Peter Pan’s Flight (Mickey’s silhouette in the Big Ben clock tower)
[ ] Peter Pan’s Flight (Hidden Mickey teddy bear paws, 2nd floor window, outer facade)
[ ] Pinocchio’s Daring Adventure (popcorn Mickey in the popcorn machine)
[ ] Pinocchio’s Daring Adventure (popcorn Mickey on floor)
[ ] Pinoccio’s Daring Adventure (Classic Mickey tops the ship case)
[ ] Snow White’s Scary Adventures (Hidden Mickey trees on wall when boarding)
[ ] Snow White’s Scary Adventures (three red gems in the jewel barrel)
[ ] Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (Toad statue in queue, left eye Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (faux pink stained glass Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (Eaves seen from queue, red berry Mickey)
[ ] King Arthur’s Carousel (three jewel Hidden Mickeys on Jingles)
[ ] Matterhorn (tiny black Mickey, red & white key crest, inside Fantasyland queue)
[ ] Alice in Wonderland (painting the roses red paint splatter Mickey)
[ ] Alice in Wonderland (white rabbit’s house picture frame)
[ ] Casey Jr. Circus Train (gauges on locomotive control panel Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Storybook Land (Miniature Jewel Mickey, Cave of Wonders)
[ ] U.S. Mail Box (between drawbridge & Peter Pan’s Flight)
[ ] It’s a Small World (three control towers in the loading area)
[ ] It’s a Small World (holiday season – Mickey hidden on santa hat on clock face)
[ ] It’s a Small World (holiday season – holly berry Hidden Mickeys)
[ ] It’s a Small World Light Show (holiday season – Hidden Mickey below clock face)
[ ] Water Tower (behind the train station, there’s Mickey Mouse water tower)
[ ] Buzz Lightyear wall (planet Ska-densii)
[ ] Buzz Lightyear wall (Green Planet – green swirl Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Buzz Lightyear wall (Mickey on orange Scrabble tiles in first room)
[ ] Star Traders (Star Wars inspired Classic Mickey in display window)
[ ] Star Traders (three flying saucers inside the shop)
[ ] Space Mountain (speakers in the coaster cars form a Classic mickey)
[ ] Space Mountain (Hidden Mickey craters on the floating asteroid)
[ ] Pizza Port (Mickey molecules on the Adventure Thru Inner Space poster)
[ ] Innoventions: Entrance (Classic Mickeys above the doors)
[ ] Innoventions: Tom Morrow (Mickey shoelaces & Mickeys in pockets)
[ ] Innoventions (grapes Hidden Mickeys in the hallway mural downstairs)
[ ] Innoventions: Dream Home (video window near Dream Home front door)
[ ] Innoventions: Dream Home (Mickey porch railing)
[ ] Innoventions: Dream Home (circle patterned yellow carpet Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Innoventions: Dream Home (Mickey silhouette book end)
[ ] Innoventions: Dream Home (thank you sign Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Innoventions monitor camera (Mickey shaped webcams found upstairs)
[ ] Innoventions ESPN zone (Classic Mickeys on signs)
[ ] Innoventions (artwork in Honda Theatre, Mickey hidden in a green square)
[ ] Innoventions (red glass bead hidden Mickey, under the glass floor upstairs)
[ ] Autopia (Classic Mickey license plate sticker)
[ ] Autopia (Classic Mickey – Mouse Crossing street sign)
[ ] Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (Observation Outpost locker Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Jungle Cruise (cast iron frying pan Hidden Mickey aboard “Suwannee Lady”)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Mara Temple script – MM)
[ ] Indiana Jones (well cover hieroglyphs Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Eeyore parking sign above the queue in the projection room)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Hidden Mickey shadow on the wall in projection room)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Classic Mickey shadow on the wall in movie room queue)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Mickey Mouse Life Magazine cover in Indy’s office)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Idol of Mara – cleft in upper lip & nostrils Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Indiana Jones (Bones, the skeleton, wearing personalized Mickey ears)
[ ] Indiana Jones (coiled cobra icon Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Tarzan’s Tree House (curtain hooks)
[ ] Tarzan’s Tree House (Classic Mickey steel drums)
[ ] Tarzan’s Tree House (steel drum & smaller barrels)
New Orleans Square
[ ] Pirates of the Caribbean (shell Mickey on beach scene)
[ ] Pirates of the Caribbean (treasure room treasure chest lock)
[ ] Pirates of the Caribbean (fort wall)
[ ] Pirates of the Caribbean (Mickey decorated armor in last room)
[ ] Pirates of the Caribbean (treasure chest in Jack’s treasure room)
[ ] Blue Bayou (stained glass Classic Mickey in lobby)
[ ] Club 33 (gold detail Hidden Mickey on cast member vests)
[ ] Jewel of Orleans (Hidden Mickey projected onto the ceiling)
[ ] Court des Anges (look for this secluded area’s sign)
[ ] Haunted Mansion (wallpaper in the haunted art gallery)
[ ] Haunted Mansion (Classic Mickey arrangement of plates on ballroom table)
[ ] Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Xmas, seasonal – stained glass art)
[ ] Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Xmas, seasonal – snowdrift in ballroom)
[ ] Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Xmas, seasonal – black plate place setting)
[ ] Disney Dream Suite (special star lighting in master bath)
[ ] Disney Dream Suite (red Hidden Mickey on carpet)
[ ] Disney Dream Suite (blue Hidden Mickey on carpet)
[ ] Flagpole Base (three rocks placed and proportioned like a Classic Mickey)
[ ] Golden Horseshoe stage vent (Hidden Mickey on center vent)
[ ] Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (three giant gears Hidden Mickey)
[ ] S.S. Mark Twain (Classic Mickey ironwork between the smokestacks)
[ ] S.S. Mark Twain River Excursions sign (Hidden Mickey silhouette)
[ ] Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island (above the cave entrance, left from the raft)
[ ] Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island (Mickey in cement on top of the chimney)
[ ] Rivers of America (Classic Mickey river rocks)
[ ] Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante (wooden post Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Big Thunder Ranch Petting Zoo (wooden sink counter, Mickey knot hole)
[ ] Big Thunder Ranch House (reigns & bridles feature Classic Mickeys)
[ ] Big Thunder Ranch House (horseshoe Hidden Mickey in the giant horseshoe pile)
[ ] Pioneer Mercantile (Mickeys on the various wall lamps inside the gift shop)
[ ] Splash Mountain (hand crank gears form a Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Splash Mountain (height requirement sign, knot Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Winnie the Pooh (Mickey hidden in the wood grain, right side at entrance)
[ ] Winnie the Pooh (Mickey ears on bookcase behind sleeping Pooh)
[ ] Winnie the Pooh (honey splatter Hidden Mickey)
[ ] The Briar Patch Gift Shop (cabbage Mickey hidden on the shelves)
[ ] Order of the Mouse Seal (Classic Mickey above Toontown entrance)
[ ] Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin (paint bucket swirl Mickey hidden in queue)
[ ] Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin (Classic Mickey hidden on hubcap in loading area)
[ ] Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin (room with buildings, back of double doors)
[ ] Mickey’s bronze statue
[ ] Clarabelle’s Frozen Yogurt (Classic Mickey only seen when closed)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Mickey shaped mailbox)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Meet Mickey Sign)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Mickey shaped window on front door)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Classic Mickey welcome mat)
[ ] Mickey’s House (various books feature Hidden Mickeys on their spines)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Surrealist Mickey Artwork)
[ ] Mickey’s House (notepad on Mickey’s desk)
[ ] Mickey’s House (photo of Walt Disney & Mickey)
[ ] Mickey’s House (metronome on Mickey’s piano)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Hidden Mickeys in the player piano sheet music)
[ ] Mickey’s House (One Hidden Donald in the player piano sheet music)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Movie Screen – Hidden Mickey countdown)
[ ] Mickey’s House (Hidden Mickey on paintbrush in Mickey’s photo area)
[ ] Mickey’s Toontown Car (Hidden Mickey on hubcaps)
[ ] Minnie’s House (orange book on Minnie’s bookcase)
[ ] Minnie’s House (pictures feature Mickey & Minnie)
[ ] Minnie’s House (balls of yarn Hidden Mickey)
[ ] Minnie’s House (Mickey on the front of Minnie’s fridge)
[ ] Minnie’s House (relish inside Minnie’s fridge)
[ ] Cast Member Exit (stone Hidden Mickey on wall)
[ ] Toontown Port Office (Post Office Letter-shaped sign has a Mickey stamp)
[ ] Mickey’s Post Office Box (each character’s box features their silhouette)
[ ] Toontown Lantern (outdoor lamp features a Classic Mickey pattern)
[ ] Toontown Telephone (Hidden Mickey in the canter of the rotary dial)
[ ] Toontown’s Third Little Piggy Bank (Mickey faced coins on sign)
[ ] Gadget’s Go Coaster (Classic Mickey shaped rocks in queue)
[ ] Toontown Toonhole Cover (manhole cover)
[ ] Mickey’s House (holiday season – xmas tree with Mickey topper & ornaments)
[ ] Minnie’s House (holiday season – xmas tree with Minnie topper & ornaments)
Mousellaneous Disneyland Resort
[ ] Cast Member Service Ring (Mickey’s silhouette adorns these gold service rings)
[ ] Cast Member Keychains (keychains feature Classic Mickey cutouts)
[ ] Disneyland Security Badge (burgundy Classic Mickeys centered on each badge)
[ ] Disneyland Security Logo (Classic Mickey logos found on neckties and patches)
Here is a list of Disneyland Secrets you can impress your friends with while you are at the park. If you have an iPhone – you can access this list INSIDE of the MouseWait iPhone app – download it for FREE here! Feel free to comment below to add your own secrets – or lets us know if you think these are not true! We are adding to this list daily. PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!
- The Plaza Inn is one of the best food deals in Disneyland – their full fried chicken dinner is awesome and it is only $13.49 (that is how much an omelette costs across the street at IHOP if you can believe that). The Cast Members are always super friendly here, it has tons of seating, and the Christmas decorations are awesome. Also, you can get unlimited refills on drinks there (self-serve) and they will even give you to go cups when you are done. We go here all the time and use our Annual Passholder discount – the corn dog cart is next door for the kids!
- Photopass TIP (Updated Nov 12): Instead of buying individual pictures, buy the CD – they put all of your pictures on one disk for one price (I think it is $59 at this time) – this is a great deal because you can put an UNLIMITED amount of pictures on one disk! The Photopass card is good for 30 days, so if you are an Annual Passholder, you can load as many pictures on there as you want for 30 days, then put them all on one disk for one price! I also heard that if you wait for around 25 days to login to the Photopass site to see your pictures, you get an additional 30 days to load the card up! Great deal and the Disneyland photographers are the best!
- Nursing mother rooms: Did you know that at the end of Main Street on the right side next to the Little Red Wagon Corn Dog Cart, Disneyland has a nursing mother’s room called the Baby Care center that has a dark quiet room with rocking chairs, a feeding area with high chairs cleaned after every use, a changing room with multiple changing stations that are cleaned and sanitized after every use, and mini potty chairs for toddlers that are sanitized after every use. It is really an amazing setup.
- Did you know you can get WIFI inside of California Adventure (great for iPod Touch users)? Just sit in one of the inlets across from the Rushin’ River Outfitters and you can get on to the Grand Californian Wifi – it has a very strong signal, I was still connected walking all the way down past the Redwook Creek Challenge Trail. The key is to stay close to the hotel and you should be able to stay online.
- BALLOONS AND SOUVENIRS REPLACED: Also, if you buy a balloon and it pops or is damaged, any vendor will give you a free balloon (they should since they cost $12!) – we do know this is true because they replaced one of our balloons less than a month ago. Also, they usually will replace any souvenir that breaks – my son has broken many pirate swords while we were at the park. We just take the broken one in and they always replace it for us.
- There is a Magic Lamp in a store across from the Jungle Cruise – for a buck you can rub the lamp and hear funny jokes
- The Goofy Water in Toon Town (at the gas station) turns colors at night.
- The Matterhorn basketball court: Some say that in an effort to pass a city ordinance, Disney had to install a full court basketball court inside Matterhorn mountain so it qualified as a sports facility. Some even say it was certified as an official Olympic Stadium in 1984. According to Snopes, this is not true. They say there is only a small attic-like space near the top of the Matterhorn that does contain a half court complete with a hoop. This area is used as a rest area for costumed climbers. Check out the video proof of the Matterhorn Basketball court here
- Call Disneyland and get a live person: Did you know that you can call and get a live person at this number 714-781-4565
- Main Street is supposed to be set in 1910 and Tomorrowland is set for 1986. These years were picked because they were the years of Hailey’s Comet
- Prior to opening day, Walt visited a few of the local churches and invited a handful of the best behaved children from the Sunday School classes to attend the opening day festivities (source HiddenMickeys.org)
- Did you know you can ride in the front car of the monorail if you ask?
- Did you know you can ride in the front of the Disneyland train with the conductor too? (tip thanks to MickeyFan below)
- CAT HOUSES: Reportedly there are cat houses in Disneyland, one is behind the Hungry Bear restaurant and you can see them if you look to the right while on the train.
- Disneyland vendors will replace broken spray bottles, broken swords, pretty much anything you buy there, if it breaks, they will give you a new one.
- Everyone knows that Walt Disney had an apartment located above the Fire Station next to City Hall. The light in that apartment is always left on to remind everyone he is always there with him. However, this light is turned off when his daughters are in the park, out of respect for their loss. (Source: FindingMickey.com)
- Club 33 has been a part of New Orleans Square since 1967, it is the only place where alcohol is served and it supposedly has a 5 year waiting list for memberships. Membership fees range from $9500 to $25000 with annual fees of $3000+!
- The organ that was in 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is presently located in the ballroom of the Haunted Mansion
- Johnny Depp frequently stays at the Grand Californian Hotel, some say here is there once every two months with his family.
- Smellitzers on Main Street: Candy Palace & Candy Kitchen – Main Street USA: A photo of the Candy Kitchen Cast Members hard at work. Under the window is a vent that sends the wonderful candy aromas out onto Main Street. Note: Invented at Walt Disney World by Imagineer Bob McCarthy, the Smellitzer, is akin to the famed artillery howitzer - used to launch smells instead of shells. (Courtesy of FindingMickey.com)
- Tarzan’s Treehouse: Take a good look around the kitchen area underneath Tarzan’s Treehouse. Mrs. Potts and Chip, from Beauty & the Beast, can be sitting on top of a wooden crate. (Source: FindingMickey.com)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark Mercedes Truck: Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye: An interesting Disney detail is parked outside of the Indiana Jones attraction. The olive green truck appears to be the one from the famous Raiders of the Lost Ark chase scene, in which Indy chases after the Nazi convoy transporting the Ark of the Covenant. The truck’s body type, license plate and missing hood ornament, match features from the vehicle used in the famous Raiders of the Lost Ark stunt sequence. (Source: FindingMickey.com)
- Go to Toon Town right when the park opens, it isn’t as busy then.
- Eeyore Parking Sign in the Indiana Jones Ride: An old Eeyore parking sign is hidden up in the rafters high above the projection room (in the queue). The sign pays homage to the Eeyore Parking Lot, which gave way to the current Indiana Jones attraction. (Source: FindingMickey.com)
- Forced Perspective: Disneyland is famous for using a photographic illusion called “forced perspective”. This gives the buildings on Main Street the illusion of height. The second story windows, signs, and accessories of the buildings on Main Street are smaller than the first level. Also the buildings angle slightly inward which creates the illusion that the Castle is much farther than it actually is. When you leave Disneyland the reverse effect happens – it doesn’t look that far away so you tend to want to walk slower and visit the shops. The Matterhorn is also designed using forced perspective – larger trees are placed toward the bottom, but as you go up, the trees get smaller. Disney used two foot pinion trees at the treeline of the Matterhorn to make it look bigger than it actually is (it is only 147 feet).
- Lines are usually shorter at dinner time when people are eating.
- Start from Adventureland and go clockwise: This saves time because you are not criss-crossing throughout the park and most people seem to go counterclock-wise starting with Tomorrowland. (Source: DisneylandVacationTips.com)
- The Matterhorn line that wraps around the Tomorrowland side is usually shorter. Also the left track is a faster ride than the right.
This is a cool Disney Secrets tour of Frontierland:
We are adding more daily so check back!