Annual Passholder Tips

See our discount tabs on the Annual Passholder page in MouseWait to take advantage of all the benefits of your annual pass.  Please comment below and let us know about your annual passholder tips!

• Photopass TIP (Updated Nov 24): Instead of buying individual pictures, buy the CD – they put all of your pictures on one disk for one price (I think it is $59 at this time) – this is a great deal because you can put an UNLIMITED amount of pictures on one disk! The Photopass card is good for 30 days, so if you are an Annual Passholder, you can load as many pictures on there as you want for 30 days, then put them all on one disk for one price! I also heard that if you wait for around 25 days to login to the Photopass site to see your pictures, you get an additional 30 days to load the card up! Great deal and the Disneyland photographers are the best!Here is a great tip from Christi, a former Photopass Cast Member: ” I was a Photopass CM and the CD is the way to go. The trick with logging on to the website works sometimes, but don’t count on it. After you log on you will get emails telling you when your photos are about to expire.

Two tips: 1. Use a sharpie and write your name on your card. Make sure you get YOUR card back from the photographer. They do get switched every once in a while. 2. Make a record of your card number and keep it somewhere separate from your card. If you lose your card or wallet, the CM can punch in the number manually.

• NO DOWN PAYMENT – if you renew your pass before it expires, you don’t have to pay the $75 down payment with the new payment plan option! You also still get a discount for renewing before your expiration date (on Premium and Deluxe only you save $20).
  • Don’t try to get your way by saying you are an Annual Passholder – it doesn’t work! Just be nice and pray you get the right Cast Member to help.
  • Hotel Discounts: Once a year they send out AP discounts for the hotels, but if you call, sometimes you can still get good discounts with your pass, never hurts to ask.
  • If you forget your pass when you get to the park, they will usually give you a temporary pass – but I think they will only do it once.
  • These days, Disney gives Annual Passholders discounts on just about everything, go to our Discount tabs in MouseWait to see which stores accept it. If you are unsure, just ask wherever you are buying something whether you are in the parks or Downtown Disney, most vendors will give you a discount.
  • AAA Discounts: There are a few places, like the Plaza Inn (great chicken dinner!) that will give you a discount for AAA. If you know of more please post below!

We just started this page, so we will add more – check back soon!

Get the critically acclaimed Disneyland iPhone app and open your mobile gateway to Disneyland! Disneyland Wait Times are made easy with MouseWait!

130 Comments

1. For birthdays, if you get the merchandise card, you can use it at the ticket booth to buy tickets. I know because I bought a ticket for another person to go with me since I have a premium pass.

• That is good to know that you can buy tickets with the merchandise card, I didn’t know that!

• Does this still apply cuz I heard that they don’t give anything. For bday

• I just bought my pass and still had my card from my bray and they gave me $72 towards my pass. I was very happy

• You are right Evan. Disney DID give you free park admission (or a $72 gift card if you were an annual passholder) on your birthday, but it was only a promotion for the year. I think it was called Celebrate You. you no longer get in for free on your birthday.

• What is a merchandise card???

2. Don’t forget to keep your receipt if you buy coffee…almost anyplace (except Main Street) will give you a FREE refill if you have your receipt

• Wow! Good to know!!

• Main St. does give you refills on coffee, actually, just show your receipt and you get a new cup and all.

3. Hey with the free refill on coffee. We don’t drink it. But drink hot chocolate. Does that apply?? Also I thought due to OSHA laws in the OC they couldn’t give refills.

• Good question, I think it is just for coffee though, we will be there tomorrow and ask! They definitely to coffee refills though, we confirmed that with a number of sources.

• They give you a new cup all you need is the receipt!

• This is true I by coffee there always especially In the winter it’s nice

4. Beginning November 16th, all passholders receive a discount on purchases throughout the holiday season. See a castmember fir more details.

5. Please change this information I am a castmember the value of the birthday fun card is $72 and not $75 also every vacation planner does know about the renewal prices but those prices are only good on the premium and delux pass. The birthday funcard can be beneficial because it doesn’t expire so you can just save it and use it to renew your pass.

• Thanks! We made the corrections, Disneyland must have just changed the renewal discount requirement because when we renewed (a few months ago) we got the SoCal and they gave us $20 off because there were no restrictions on the website at that time. Thanks again!

6. I was a Photopass CM and the CD is the way to go. The trick with logging on to the website works sometimes, but don’t count on it. After you log on you will get emails telling you when your photos are about to expire.

7. Also instead of a birthday fun pass you can get fastpasses for you and your friends. Each person gets 6, 3 for the big rides like California screamin an space mountain and 3 for the smaller rides like big thunder mountain and star tours. These passes do not have specific times so you can use them whenever you want.

8. For hotel availability and ap discount rates you can check online at the AP website. Sometimes they offer Internet only prices.

9. For those who do not know, the website is http://www.Disneyland.com/ap

if you have not registered, you will need your AP handy. You will need to put that long bar code number in to access the site. But you only have to do it the first time…to register. Check back on the site often as they post special AP offers like when they need people for crowd shots for commercials and special viewing of new attractions before the general public get to see them.

10. AAA discounts, I used to be a CM and the only place that offers AAA discounts is the Plaza Inn Restaurant on main street. Most places don’t but it doesnt hurt to ask. But for sure plaza inn.
    And about coffee refills, you can only get those at the Market House on main street, only if you bought it there. If you tell the CM’s at other places they’ll just tell you that there’s no refills. Few CM’s know this, I only know cause I had a couple of those kinds of guests. 😉

11. As far as the free refills for coffee go, it is only available at market house on main street. Keep your receipt and it is available for coffee only. They give you a new cup for the person referring to the OSHA laws. Aaa discounts in Disneyland eating places are available at plaza inn, rancho, and carnation cafe.

12. Photo CD I just got was $149! Price is more than advertised. Although, they have a special now that’s $15 off.

13. The free coffee refils are only good at the general store on main street. All you have to keep is your reciept. Butbit is only good for coffee and your reciept is only good at the one location. I have been doing this for at least 5 years so I know this info is good. (BTW If you want half-half for your coffee not powdered, cross the street tobthe carnation cafe.)

14. Elaine~ The $149. price is for a WDW PhotoCD.
    If they really charged your card that and it was for Disneyland, then give them a call. I think you need to call by 10:00am though if you’re on the west coast.

15. The annual pass discount is also offered at the Disney Stores, from time to time so it doesn’t hurt to ask if they are accepting it when shopping there. Also White Waters snack bar at Grang California Hotel offers free refills on any fountain drink, yes coffe and hot chocolate included. The only other place that I know of with free refills is Rancho del Zocalo in Frontierland.

• I wonder if this has changed because I called our local Disney Store and was told that APs don’t get a discount. Only in the parks :(

• Our Disney store in Modesto doesn’t honor the ap premium pass discount either. :-(

16. I have a premium pass

17. Pizza port gives free refills on fountain drinks and their food portions are really good for the price

18. Do you get anything if it’s your bday?? And if you do you have to be there on your actual bday right?? They gave my friend a bday pin, but I also noticed that you guys were talking about a birthday fun pass?? What is that?? And what is a merchandise card??

• You dont have to be there on your bday as long as your there celebrating your bday

19. I have the same question.what is a fun pass also I’m new to this and never heard of the hidden mickeys. What does it look like?

20. The bday fun cards were only for last year sorry and hidden mickeys are usualy classic mickeys hidden all around the park

21. Sometimes even the vendor carts will give you an AP discount. The key is to find a more perminant cart, like the one outside Cafe Orleans in NOS, that have cash registers. Just ask before you buy. Walking a few feet to the right cart can save you a buck or two on a light sword or bubble gun!

22. How early must you arrive to CA Adventure to secure passes for the world of color show?

BTW, absolutely love this app!!

23. Thanks Scrapper! The earlier the better for World of Color, especially if you want to get the first show – I think they start distributing fastpasses at 9am at Grizzly River Run. They also add shows when it gets really busy, yesterday they added an 11:15pm show.

24. For the fastpasses for world of color, do most people who make line get it or is it possible to make line for nothing? I just want to have an idea of how crowded, planning to go sunday.

25. Thanks for all your comments very helpful!

26. For World of Color you can purchase a picnic lunch that comes with preferred seating. With your AP it’s a discounted rate of $12.99 per meal and you can reserve online up to 30 days in advance.

• Hello everyone I’m planning to buy my AP today,, do you guys know if I buy it and register it online could I buy tickets for reserved seating of world of color @ a discount price?? Or if I buy them at regular price when I activated my pass will they do the a discount on those reserved seating tickets?

27. For world of color, if you want to get the earlier shows you pretty much have to get there before the parks open. I’ve been twice in the last week and they let people in about an hour before the park opens just to get the fastpass. I’m doing the picnic option next week so I’ll let y’all know what it’s like. And I personally like getting a spot down on the boardwalk, but depending on how the wind is blowing you do get wet.

28. Last weekend for WoC we walked from DTD to get the FPs got to the park at 10 and walked back out so my pass would be activated since I had to start work @ the block in 30. My bf cane back at 11 and got redzone tix for the 10:15, amazing view but you do get 

29. Lines for WOC fast passes can get crazy!! If you don’t want to spend hours in line for FP’s the picnic lunches are awesome!! One surprise for mecwas that the picnic meals are given out starting at 11:30 am so don’t plan on saving them to eat while you watch the show. you will want to line up to redem your meal/viewing time at 11:30 to get the 9;00 show. We got the blue zone which is right on the pier and it wasan awesome view and we did not get wet. :0)

30. I just tried to get a AAA discount at goofus kitchen and they said Disney isn’t giving AAA food discounts anymore.

• What is goofus kitchen?

31. RIP Star Tours. Anyone know when the NEW Star Tours is scheduled to open? I love this app, btw. It’s just so awesome to know wait times without having to hoof it across the park.

32. Hey what are magic morning hours??

• It’s when annual pass holders get to go an hour earlier then everybody else. it happends on sun, tues, thur, and sat only.

• Is that every Sun, tue , thurs, and sat?

• Magic Morning hours are only on certain days. They allow guest with special MM passes a one hour early entrance to the park. As far as I know, you can only get them by staying at a Disneylan Resort hotel, but I’m not sure if all three hotels provide the passes.

33. I know for a fact that Haagen-Dazs also gives AAA discounts. :•)

34. Having and annual pass used to much more fun. Now with the monthly payment option, almost everyone in SoCal has one, and there is almost never a good day to go….man I remember the days of only waiting 5 mins for a ride…we can kiss those days goodbye!! Don’t get me wrong…I love disneyland and my pass, I just have to wait much longer, even on rainy days now!!

• let me call you the WAHmbulance

35. If you are considering buying an annual pass on ez pay and you want to go with the lower grade plan and consider upgrading later…don’t. Just get the upgraded pass now. If you upgrade later, you have to pay the total difference up front. They can not change your monthly contract price.

36. I was there in the rain today. Longest wait was 20 minutes for space mountain. All others were 5 minutes and below.

• I knew I should of went! >=|

37. On crowded days sometimes I like to go down to downtown disney and see a movie. The amc theatre actually honors the annual pass discount

38. Can a deluxe passport holder get in early unlimited times

• With a deluxe pass there are blackout dates. You can go unlimited except for those dates. See AP under resource section for backout dates.

39. There is no more AAA discount at the Plaza Inn

40. I heard that star tours and the little mermaid ride are opening on June 3rd

41. If u bring hot chocolate mix with u to the park ask for hot water and the park will give it to u for free. Also use single riders as much as u can, u might not sit with your family but it cuts down a 60 minute wait to a 10 minute wait.

42. Refills at white water snacks on the grand cal are only good while you’re still at the location. You cannot leave and come back and get a refil even with a receipt!

43. Do AP holders have magic morning privileges?

• Mark: Yes, AP holders get Magic Morning privelages. However, they are only on certain days of the week.

44. Hey mark. I don’t know.
    But I park at downtown Disney when I’m only going for a few hours. I hate waiting for the tram!

45. If you renew your annual passes on a block out day at the annual passholder box office they’ll let you in on that block out day no charge :)

46. Star tours open to annual pass holders for preview today.

47. We road the new Ariel’s under the sea ride (DCA) on Tues May 31st preview for annual passholders. There is a hidden Mr Limpet (from the 1960’s WB movie)! Great find.
    The ride opened to everyone today June 3rd

48. Hello everyone I’m planning to buy my AP today,, do you guys know if I buy it and register it online could I buy tickets for reserved seating of world of color @ a discount price?? Or if I buy them at regular price when I activated my pass, will they do the a discount on those. reserved seating tickets?

• Its actually better to do a dining package go to guest services or look up Disney dining on their website. You can eat at cal adventure for a fee pp but they include reserved standing area

• If you are an annual pass holder , and your birthday is on a blackout day , can you still go? (Without paying entrance)

• The way I did it was purchase my AP and then register it because then you get access to an AP holder ONLY site. I purchased my tickets for $15 I think.

• When u buy ur pass online your so is not activated until you go to the park so u won’t be able to use it fir discounts until u get it actual card I tried :(

• Well world of color is a show if you habe a pass. And to see the show from a good angle you will need a fastpass and that is over by grizzly rapids. And by the way world of color is free

• And it’s well worth the wait

• Best way is to Do the fast pass to go to world of colors.. Don’t be late for it.

• Well…if you want to buy reserved world of color tickets I recommend the watch and eat deal. You get a meal for you and get a really good seat. Your meal also comes in a free World of Color reuseable bag

• You have to get a fast pass from
      California adventure for the world of color. No reservation required.

• It’s world of color it’s a show it’s free get a fast pass the time u have to come back is on the pass but if u want get there a little early to be first in line

• U don’t have to buy tickets for world of color they are free in the park

• Lets be clear, as there seems to be some confusion. You do note HAVE to purchase World of Color tickets, but if you do not want to be pressed into a viewing area like sardines, then you CAN purchase access to a VIP viewing area. This can be done in conjunction with a picnic lunch, or a meal at Ariels Grotto.

• Thank you for the info.

• World Of Color Are Free Tickets :) You Just Go To Grizzly River Rapids And They Have FastPass Stands That Are Used For World Of Color. They Are Arranged By Seating; That’s Why You Need A Ticket . :)

• There’s a place in the park where u can actually reserve seating in the partk where u don’t have to pay its near the grizzly river ride but you have to do it early

49. Actually even if your pass expires you don’t have to Pay a down payment. As long as you renew within 30 days of expiration. However Only draw back is your renewal date is still the old one so u lose a month

• We just renewed our APs, several weeks after they expired. We were given the option to use today as our expiration date, or the old date, with a prorated ($20/AP) credit. Also, we had to make a down payment ($80/AP) to keep our APs on the monthly payment plan.

50. Can you use your annual pass on the day it expires?

• Of course, you can !!

• Yes. It’s good Til that night

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Pin It on Pinterest